Wednesday, July 1, 2009

SMAP new single Sotto Kyutto, Tokio's 2009 tour and other ramblings

Well today I decided to go in and pick up the new Arashi single, as it won't be included in the upcoming best of album. When I got to the store I bought my copy for I was surprised to see at the new single stand an announcement for a new SMAP single to be released on August 26.

When I came back home I found some more information on SMAP's official website that does announce the single release. It's titled Sotto Kyutto and will be the theme song for Kusanagi Tsuyoshi's drama Ninkyo Helper. Since the drama begins next Thrusday that's probably when it'll be heard for the first time.

SMAP's official page with the announcement. (Japanese only)

Also today's Johnny's net update is to announce that Tokio will be having a 2009 tour in late September and early October. They're only sceduled for three cities, Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya. I think I just might try to go to a Tokyo show, as Tokio has my Johnny's crushes in it, Masuoka Masahiro and Nagase Tomoya. ♥ ♥

I'd also like to take the time to note that I found a magazine with the furigana for Yabu Kota's character in Ninkyo Helper. This is great as I couldn't figure out how it should be read, and apparently was using a different reading for the last name than that being used. So for those interested, Yabu's character is named Takayama Mikiya.

And talking about theme songs, the D-Addicts wiki has it down that Takizawa Hideaki will be doing the theme song for Orthos no Inu and Tokio will be doing the theme song for Nagase Tomoya's drama, Karei Naru Spy. There is no source to back the information up, but at the same time it seems rather likely. And with Tokio having a theme song, and unless Johnny's just wants to be weird, a new single, it will leave Hey! Say! JUMP as the only active Johnny's group that has yet to release a cd this year. I hope Johnny's is trying to figure out a way to fix this, as the members of the group are getting more exposure with drama roles. And there's just my two cents on this issue again.

Also I picked up four magazines today, two TV related ones (for the summer drama previews), Only Star (it has pictures from the Junior concert) and one movie magazine (for the Gokusen articles). I really wish I had a scanner to share the Johnny's related pages, but I've decided to do the next best thing and took photos, as they're finally putting out photos of the cast members as their characters. I'll make making posts later today with the photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment