Saturday, July 4, 2009

Engine final impressions


I know I started this many months ago but I finally got around to watching the final episode this past week. And I'm glad I did.


Even though it had been some time since I watched the rest of the series it didn't take long to get right back into the story. I could still remember who everyone was and what was going on, which to me is one of the proofs of a good drama, that it's memorable.


The final episode really brought everything together nicely and showed how each character had changed through the course of the series. And I love how they worked in a cameo for Masahiko Kondo.

I really enjoyed this drama and it makes me want to see other Kimura Takuya dramas. Though I have heard that one of his detractors is that he plays all his roles the same way, so if this is true than I probably will only them sporadically. The other members of the cast were great to watch, and it seems so strange to see Arioka Daiki and Nakajima Yuto so young. And it makes me want to see them in more dramas.


It didn't exactly end the way I imagined it would, and I like that. Especially as it was still a rather satisfying ending to this series. The only thing I would have liked to have seen is another episode, as long epilogue, but there's no helping that.

But if you're like me and want to try out a KimuTaku drama, as he's such a big name for dramas, then I definitely would recommend trying out Engine. Especially if you're a Hey! Say! JUMP fan as you get to see two of the group's members in their younger days.

No comments:

Post a Comment