Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nakayama Street & more


I've decided to wait another day before I put up the photos from TV Guide. Pretty much because the little 'cheer me up' trip to Harajuku ended up with the discovery that Koishite Akuma has taken over the famous Takeshita Street. For those not familiar with the area, Takashita Street is the main road that is pedestrian only and always full of people during business hours. It has a lot of unofficial idol shops, as well as the resale ticket store I've mainly been using to get my tickets.

But normally the street has small banners that caution people like pictured below.


I have yet to figure out what exactly touting is but at least it's clear no littering, shoplifting and smorking is allowed in the area. But that aside, they've all been replaced now with banners for the Koishite Akuma drama. There are two types, one with Nakayama Yuma on it and another with Matchy (showing off his uber fake fangs) and Kato Rosa. You can see the Nakayama one in the picture of the Takeshita Street enterance and this is the other.


And speaking of the enterance there are three of those banners that's hanging over it on the street. Two at the ends of the street and one about mid-way, which is the picture below.


I guess Johnny's and Fuji TV are really trying to make sure this drama is a hit. A smart move as singles can get a good amount of chart life if attached to a drama, as everytime it airs the single with the theme song does well in sales the next day. And since the single will be released shortly after the drama begins to air then it will have months of chart time just from that.

And when I visited the Johnny's Store today there was a notice above the KAT-TUN section announcing that the Tokyo Dome photos will be released on July 15th. This reminded me that we should be getting Yuma w/ B.I.Shadow and NYC boys photo sets released that day from the PV offshoot, as the day the cd is released is the day those photos are released. So it looks like the 15th is going to make me very poor.

In other news, cdjapan has updated with SMAP's new single as well as a new concert DVD for Imai Tsubasa's last solo tour. It's nice to see Tsubasa releasing something himself, and both versions of the DVD some with a CD with four songs so he's not getting completely left behind with releasing his own songs either.


And that's all I have for now. I will get those magazines up tomorrow, as I have nothing planned to do after class so I'll just be heading straight home.

No comments:

Post a Comment