Wednesday, November 7, 2018

On a SixTONES high

SixTONES is easily my favorite Johnny's Jr group and the one that I have been hoping for debut before they were even given their group name and simply known as Bakaleya6. Watching them grow over the years has given me much joy as a fan and I have been hoping for a debut for them from the start. And while there is still no debut announcement this is still proving to be a great time to be a fan of the group.

It was announced that the group had been selected for Youtube's Rising Stars promotion, where they select an artist from around the world and give them a push via advertisements and promotions of videos created for the campaign. Last week fans learned of this when massive posters of the group began to appear in train stations in Tokyo.


The group had a music video made for one of their original songs, Japanica Style, which was produced by Takizawa Hideaki. It easily takes the title of being the video to reach 1 million views on the Johnny's Junior channel.


There is also a short video that can serve as an introduction to the group that was uploaded shortly after.

Even though debut is still not something that can be considered set for the group yet this looks to be setting them in a good position for one if the momentum for the group continues. I have a lot of thoughts about SixTONES debut so I will save that for another post.

As an international fan this has had an extra layer of excitement, as unlike most times this is not something exclusive to fans in Japan. While there are no posters outside of Tokyo the videos are up for the world to see, and thanks to dedicated fans there are subs in several different languages for the videos so even the language barrier is not getting into the way. So this fan is going to enjoy the hell out of these videos and hope that this will only be the beginning for things to come for the group.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    A few years ago, I came across your other blog "Never Ending Music Power" when I was searching up on KAT-TUN's past. Then, in one of your blogpost, I came across Bakaleya6 and was intrigued by it, particular because I recognised Kouchi-kun amongst the six.

    I would say that the blogpost was one of the few reasons how I got into SixTONES fandom before their official formation. I was sad when you ended the blog two years ago and wondered if you still keep track on SixTONES' news.

    I am so happy that you are still here and still wishing for their best! SixTONES has so many loyal fans that have been waiting for them for so long, even when there was so much uncertainty for the group.

    The reason why I wrote this comment is to thank you for introducing SixTONES to me. They have given me so much happiness as a fan, especially in the past few months. Thank you once again!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment. I am so happy I was able to introduce someone to SixTONES and I hope as I start blogging more again I can help others discover this group.

      I did take a bit of a break from Johnny's outside of following the main groups I loved, though SixTONES was one of those. With the new Junior Youtube channel and what is happening with SixTONES I find myself getting more interested in Johnny's again so I hope to get back to blogging more about them.

      Delete