Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DUET August 2009 Page 76 translations

Since I have papers to write I am feeling productive at everything but writing the papers I need to. (laugh) So I figured if I needed a distraction I should at least make it productive and decided to do some translations. So I'll be updating this page after each boy I finish translating their related paragraphs for. And depending on how long it takes me to finish my papers I may do more than this one page.

I decided on this one page for now, as these are Juniors that rarely get their articles translated for them, they only have a couple of paragraphs each to translate, and because Masuda Ryo looks to be a Junior on the rise. I say this because he had a solo at the last Junior concert and on a recent episode of one of Hey! Say! JUMP's programs he was given a mic to join in singing with Morimoto Shintarou. He also has a nice singing voice, so hopefully Johnny's will continue promoting him and get him a group soon.


DUET August 2009 Page 76


Masuda Ryo 増田良

Speaking of summer, when I was in elementary school in the flowing pool calmly playing and eating soda flavored ice* was my daily routine. Last year’s summer I was at concerts so I mostly didn’t rest, this year if I have time I will earnestly challenge myself with the guitar. Because I own an electric guitar, now I’m in the middle of studying by self-teaching. Because until high school I have not done club activities, I joined light music**, and playing various musical instruments seems like fun.

Recently at school I’ve been immersed in body training. The training room has a running machine and various other machines, so I can train by whole body. Currently sit-ups are exceedingly painful for my muscles (laugh). My goal is to have a body like Akanishi Jin’s. Because of the shoulder width I also have. I want to thicken my chest, to be solidly built. This summer I will do my best at weight training.


Notes:

*I believe he’s talking about a popular and cheap popsicle that can be found at all the convenience stores here in Japan, as their common flavor is soda. But as he doesn’t mention the brand name I can’t say I’m completely right about it.

**I’m assuming this might be a type of club as it’s the only thing that seems to fit with the rest of what he’s saying here.

Honestly I’m a bit iffy about the second half of the second paragraph as the grammar isn’t something I recognize. But I’m sure I got the gist of it, even though I know it reads rather clunky and unnatural in English.





Kishi Takayoshi 岸孝良



Okawa Keigo 大川慶吾



Nakada Hiroki 仲田拡輝


Takada Sho 高田翔

No comments:

Post a Comment