Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some thoughts about Koishite Akuma episode 1

Well I got to watch this tonight so I figured I should write about it. Not going to do an official first impressions entry until I can watch the episode subbed so I can watch it and understand everything going on, not just have a general idea. But I think I want to stick with this drama because it is rather unintentionally funny. Especially if you keep in mind certain things about vampire lore (like how much of is metaphors for sex).

Putting that aside, there's another point towards that Yuma w/ B.I.Shadow is actually debuting as Nakajima Kento is listed with (B.I.Shadow), like other officially debuted Johnny's are, not Johnny's Jr., like Kiriyama Akito, Nakama Junta and Tamamori Yuta are in all the Gokusen credits even though they have established Junior groups. Nakayama Yuma doesn't have such a tag with his name. I guess this means he's getting quasi-solo treatment in that regard. Though Morimoto Shintarou is listed as (Johnny's Jr.) in the credits.

If you don't want to be spoiled about the episode, I suggest you quit reading here as I'm going to talk about things in the episode now.


*SPOILERS*








And it's a bit weird which parts of the vampire lore they decided to keep or not. I mean they can walk around in the daytime, though sunlight irrates them, or at least Ruka. And they have reflections, but Ruka got nauseous around garlic. Kinda curious what else has been kept or changed.

Nakayama Yuma really doesn't have to do much but look pissed off for most of the episode. I'd kinda be pissed off too if I had a flock of school girls following me everywhere like he does. Though it looks like he'll get to eventually emote different things know that his teacher crush has kicked in at the very end of the episode.

Kondo Masuhiko's character, Kaito, falls inline quite well with more of the traditional vampire archtype. Has a dangerous aura around him and exudes sex. Seriously, in the episode he has a naked woman in his bed that he bites twice and tries to get Ruka to bite. He even has a random male vampire that he strokes the face of in the episode too. Not to mention he can't seem to keep his hands off of Ruka either.

Nakajima Kento's character isn't in the episode a lot, but I think he shines whenever he is. His character is really likable is seems to be the anti-Ruka in that sense. Though I really have to wonder why he went to the bathroom with a pair of headsets on.

And Morimoto Shintarou's character is adorable, but that's to be expected isn't it? (laugh) But he's really energetic and cheerful, like the parents.

Not really feeling the 'romance' between Ruka and the teacher. Though I am greatly amused by the fact that Ruka's fangs popped out finally at the end because of her. But I think that's just my dirty mind at work there. But really they're both soaking wet from falling into the water and she's being cute and laughing at the whole thing and his fangs pop out, as he looks quite distressed about it.

It'll be interesting to see how things progress. I just hope it can keep itself interesting for it's entire run.

*SPOILERS END*

No comments:

Post a Comment