Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yamashita Shoon & A.B.C. musings

The scans for the September issues of the Johnny's magazines are out and even though they were only just introduced as Yamashita Shoon & A.B.C. a few weeks ago they already have a group photo shoot and article together. It's well known that most photo shoots and articles are done for these magazines a couple months in advance. This makes me wonder how long in the making this group actually was. Though I guess it could be theorized that with July's Shounen Club being the Kansai Junior SC episodes and A.B.C. being busy with concerts for the August SC episode recordings there just wasn't really a chance to introduce the group to the public. Either way it still seems like a quick turn around between the group getting introduced and them getting featured together in a magazine.


It's rather strange to see Shoon with anyone other than his younger brother Reon in a photo shoot. To me he doesn't look like he fits with the group, though that just might be as I am so used to seeing A.B.C. as a four person group. That and I can't get the thought that this is only a temporary thing as JE didn't know what to do with Shoon and it wouldn't be the first time A.B.C. had a fifth member. I think I'm just going to have to see them perform and interact together more before I can really wrap my head around this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment