Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Johnny's boys' No, 1 Love Songs

Yesterday I picked up the September issue of Popolo. I usually skip this magazine as I don't like their photo shoots as much as the other magazines but this was the issue first issue Hashimoto Ryosuke and Sanada Yuma had a photo shoot in (and I'm quite saddened that Nozawa Yuki wasn't included with them) and I couldn't resist the sad puppy looks of NEWS as they had them pretend cry.

For most of the groups in this issue they were asked about what their number 1 love song was. I believe I saw someone make a post about NEWS' answers but I'm unsure about the other groups. In any case I'll list them all as I know I can do that much at least. This will be in order of appearance in the magazine. Also besides HSJ each one had a theme to them. I'm not 100% about translating those as they're pretty kanji heavy but I'm sure I'm not far off the mark if I'm not right.

Hey! Say! JUMP No.1 Love Song

Yamada Ryosuke (Ai no Katamari - Kinki Kids)
Nakajima Yuto (BON BON - Hey! Say! 7)
Chinen Yuri (Ima Ai wo Katarou - Arashi)
Morimoto Ryutarou (Ai no Katamari - Kinki Kids)
Okamoto Keito (Ai wa Nude - TOKIO)
Arioka Daiki (Lionheart - SMAP)
Takaki Yuya (Ai Nante - NEWS)
Inoo Kei (Another Christmas - Kinki Kids)
Yaotome Hikaru ( Boku no Senaka ni wa Hane ga Aru - Kinki Kids)
Yabu Kota (Ai no Katamari - Kinki Kids)

Personal comments:

Yamada's and Chinen's selections to me are the least surprising of the lot as Yamada is a big Domoto Koichi fan and everyone knows that Chinen is a huge Ohno Satoshi fan. I'm quite amused at Yuto's self-pimping choice of BON BON. And it looks like Kinki Kids' Ai no Katamari is the popular choice of the group and Kinki Kids songs in general are popular. I think the biggest surprise in choice for me is Takaki picking Ai Nante. Partly because it's more of a heartbreak song than love song. From what I could gleam from his explanation of choosing the song it's all about Tegoshi and how great he was singing the song which is little help unless this is his subtle way of showing that he loves Tegoshi. XD

NEWS No. 1 Love Song (Summer Romance)

Yamashita Tomohisa (Manatsu no Kajitsu - The Southern All Stars)
Masuda Takahisa (Osaka LOVER - Dreams Come True)
Nishikido Ryo (Uta Utai no Ballad - Kazuyoshi Saito)
Kato Shigeaki (Mou Hitotsu no Doyoubi - Hamada Shogo)
Koyama Keiichiro (Everything - MISIA)
Tegoshi Yuya (Propose - TUBE)

Personal comments:

It's a bit interesting to see that NEWS is only one of the only two groups that picked none Johnny's songs. I've only heard MISIA's Everything before and it just didn't catch on with me, though I do recall it was a pretty sizable hit for her when it came out. While I haven't heard the songs I am a bit familiar with The Southern All Stars (who are pretty big in Japan though seem to be practically unknown in Western J-pop fandom) and Dreams Come True. Based on my personal impressions on them I'll probably be willing to check out Manatsu no Kajitsu as I enjoyed the few songs of The Southern All Stars I've heard.

KAT-TUN No. 1 Love Song (That they've sung themselves.)

Kamenashi Kazuya (CRAZY LOVE - KAT-TUN)
Akanishi Jin (Care - Akanishi Jin)
Taguchi Junnosuke (Yorokobi no Uta - KAT-TUN)
Tanaka Koki (Your Side - KAT-TUN)
Ueda Tatsuya (Ai no Hana - Ueda Tatsuya)
Nakamaru Yuichi (OUR STORY ~Prologue~ - KAT-TUN)

Personal comments:

I'm taking a bit of an educated guess with their theme for their favorite love song. But it did strike me as odd that they were the only group that picked their own songs and from the little Japanese I know, I think I'm not too far off. Junno's choice seemed like an odd one for me at first until I thought about it a little and an energetic song like that probably does fit him best. Plus I just like the song so I'm not argue his pick at all. XD;

Hashimoto & Sanada No. 1 Love Song (Summer Romance)

Hashimoto Ryosuke (Koi Uta - Tackey & Tsubasa)
Sanada Yuma (Anniversary - Kinki Kids)

Personal comments:

It seems like all the younger boys took their picks from older Johnny's acts. Not that I'm going to complain too much about it as it was a big help when I had to look up song titles with kanji in them. At least Hashimoto picked a song from a group that no one else did, Tackey & Tsubasa.

Kis-My-FtII No. 1 Love Song (Summer Romance)

Kitayama Hiromitsu (Seppaku no Tsuki - Kinki Kids)
Fujigaya Taisuke (Seppaku no Tsuki - Kinki Kids)
Wataru Yokoo (Neji - Ninomiya Kazunari)
Senga Kento (Kimi wo Omou Toki - TOKIO)
Nikaido Takashi (Lionheart - SMAP)
Tamamori Yuta (LOVE SONG - Yamashita Tomohisa)
Miyata Toshiya (One Love - Arashi)

Personal comments:

I think one of the reasons I question whether or not I'm getting my Japanese right is that even though it seems like the theme is summer romance Kitayama and Fujigaya pick a song that is off of Kinki Kids very winter-esque single SNOW!SNOW!SNOW! even the song title is quite wintery as it translates out to Snow White Moon. I'm a bit surprised that Fujigaya didn't pick a Tanaka Koki or at least a KAT-TUN song as Koki is the senpai he admires. But then again I don't think any of Koki's songs can be considered romantic so maybe that's why. XD

Kanjani8 No. 1 Love Song (Summer Romance)

Shibutani Subaru (Inori - Kobayashi Tateki)
Nishikido Ryo (Uta Utai no Ballad - Kazuyoshi Saito)
Maruyama Ryuhei (Naite mo Ii ka - Yashiki Takajin)
Yasuda Shota (Way to Love - Karasawa Miho)
Ohkura Tadayoshi (Mou Hitotsu no Doyoubi - Hamada Shogo)
Murakami Shingo (Senjou no Merry Christmas - Sakamoto Ryuichi)
Yokoyama Yu (Futarigoto - RADWIMPS)

Personal comments:

Arrgh! It took me so long to find the title of Murakami's song. It was really just the kanji that held me up as the rest was easy. In fact the whole title could have been easy if he picked the other title it is known by Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence instead. Finding the romanji reading for the first name of the singer of Subaru's song was a real pain too. Other than that as I'm not really a Kanjani8 fan there's not too much I have to say. Though I am now a bit more interested in Mou Hitotsu no Doyoubi as Ohkura is the second one to choose that song, Shigeaki of course the first, in these lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment