Friday, August 15, 2008

Nakama Junta injured at SUMMARY

I meant to make an entry about this earlier but I get distracted easily and tend to forget things. -__-;;

According to this Daily Sports article (in Japanese only), Nakama Junta was injured on the first day of SUMMARY. According to the article he twisted his ankle which ended up becoming a sprain fracture. Despite this he went on to perform 10 more concerts and was on crutches when he wasn't on stage.

Thankfully they also reported that he's resting now and seeing a doctor in the Kansai area where he is now and that he is healing well.

I know entertainers can insist on doing things that could possibly injure them more when they've been hurt as they feel obligated to perform for all the fans that have come to see them. And while I can admire the sentiment behind such actions I end up just wishing that if they're that hurt/injured they wouldn't as they could just make it so much more worse if they continue. And I think fans would rather have a full and healthy idol than an injured one.

Like his fans I'm hoping for a speedy and full recovery for him and I'm glad he's taking it easy now. I just wish he didn't push himself so much before hand though.

No comments:

Post a Comment