Friday, August 29, 2008

A.B.C. is made into A.B.C.-Z

One problem with being a Junior fan is that you're bound to have your heart broken at some point because of the choices management makes. I know I'm far from happy about this news and I'm praying that it will be temporary.

At SUMMARY it was announced that Hashimoto Ryosuke will be joining A.B.C. and that they're renaming the unit A.B.C.-Z. I can only assume they're keeping Yamashita Shoon with the group too but I guess we'll know for certain next month with the filming of the next Shounen Club. They've already scheduled concerts, with Kis-My-FtII, for the 'new' group according to Johnny's-net for November 8th and 9th.

I'm not happy with this as I really liked the Top3 combination of Hashimoto, Sanada and Nozawa. So I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing and they'll be taking Hashimoto out of the group later and putting him back with Sanada and Nozawa, this time maybe in a more permanent group.

This is probably one of the more o.O choices Johnny's has made. All the members of A.B.C. are in their early 20s, IIRC, so it's not a big thing age wise for having Shoon join as he will be 20 by the end of the year. Hashimoto though just turned 15, even though he doesn't look it. And unlike Shoon he hadn't really performed with A.B.C. beforehand so it seems like this is coming out of nowhere. I would much rather they just create a new unit then mess around with the few existing ones personally. And I'm sure A.B.C. fans aren't happy with Johnny's changing the unit once again this year.

I'm now worrying about what will happen to Sanada and Nozawa. I first worried about them being pushed back to back dancers again but after thinking about it I don't think that will happen. For the time they were with Hashimoto I'm sure they've each gotten their own growing fanbase and they've been regulars for the Junior League segment for a few months. The next Shounen Club filming happens on the 15th of September and I hope to read in the reports that they're singing as a duo at least.

What I would like to see happen is maybe keep A.B.C.-Z until the end of the year. In early 2009 Hashimoto can leave the group and go back to singing with Sanada and Nozawa, maybe with another Junior ot two added to the group and they get a group name and they're allowed to build a fanbase and maybe, as they're bound to be popular for just having Hashimoto, get their own Junior concert, or a joint one at least in a year or so. But yea, that's my dreaming getting the best of me.

In some happier news, the October A.B.C. & Kis-My-FtII concerts have been extended so they will be doing five concerts now instead of two. This makes me happy of course as it means that ticket sales have been good. I hope this really bodes well for Kis-My-FtII, as I would really love to see them debut. So wishful thinking.

Also Johnny's net finally updated with information about the new SUMMARY concerts. I'm a bit mixed about that as it doesn't give Takaki much of a break at all. At least he can probably take it a bit easier once all the concerts are done though as he doesn't have a drama for the winter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment