Monday, August 11, 2008

SUMMARY 2005 pamphlet photos

Earlier this year I was able to get my hands on the concert pamphlet for the 2005 SUMMARY which starred NEWS and Ya-Ya-Yah. I thought about scanning it to share, but as I spent about $50 for it I just couldn't bring myself to do so and risk severely damaging it. So unless I find myself with a lot more money, like getting a bunch of clicks on the ads on the blog, and I can buy a second pamphlet book I won't be scanning this. Instead I decided to take photos of it, so I could at least show off what it looks like.


I'm not the kind of person that buys a bunch of concert goods, I kinda want to wait until I finally make it to a concert to make them just that more special to me. But this showed up on ebay a few months ago and after seeing some of the page previews I just knew I had to give it a try. And I will confess one of the reasons I chose to was the fact that it had a young Takaki Yuya in it that I did so. I feel like a dork for doing so, but it's so hard to find older Takaki photos as he joined when he was older so there aren't any chibi pics of him.


Another reason of course was that it was NEWS oriented and it was still when Kusano Hironori was still a part of the group. Even though I didn't become a NEWS fan until they came back from their year of suspension as a six member group, I grew to like Kusano watching their older footage. I really hope he gets back to performing again at some point even if it isn't with NEWS, as Johnny's seems willing to keep him and Uchi on after they've gone through their trial time after their suspensions.


I also find it interesting to look at the groups and individuals pictured in the book to look at where they are now. As I just mentioned NEWS is now a six member group. There has definitely been some shuffling in the Junior groups and I was surprised to see that A.B.C. wasn't in this SUMMARY but Kis-My-FtII was, with their 'i' still with the group. In the Junior pages Yamada Ryosuke and Sanada Yuma each get a profile head shot. They are also the only Juniors from those pages that I recognize, as Yamada has moved on to debut and Sanada is featured on Shonen Club with Top3 and on Hyakushiki-Ou.


I'm really glad I was able to buy this. At the moment it's the most precious piece of JE merchandise I own to me. I really hope one day I'll be able to afford to go to a Johnny's concert and buy concert goods when I'm there that I'll cherish long afterwards as I'll have the memory of a concert attached to them.

Link to download the ZIP of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment