Sunday, August 3, 2008

Scrap Teacher ~Kyoushi Saisei~ drama announced

I love it when one of my hunches is right. A while back I made a quick post and commented on how I felt the Sensei wa Erai four (Nakajima Yuto, Arioka Daiki, Chinen Yuri & Yamada Ryosuke) seemed to be getting a bit of a push. I reasoned that this may be because the Sensei wa Erai SP may be being turned into a full drama. And with this announcement on NTV's webpage it looks like I was right.

The drama's name is different, スクラップ・ティーチャー~教師再生~ (Scrap Teacher ~Kyoushi Saisei~/Scrap Teacher ~Return to Life~), but it looks like it's more or less the same plot. And the cast of the same four I think is a bit of a dead giveaway. I think it will be interesting to see how they expand the Sensei wa Erai storyline to cover a full drama run. I think they'll be able to do so easily. Just spread out the events of the SP over the episodes and of course add in several subplots and expand on the ones that were in the SP. It will be airing on Saturday nights.

With the drama airing in October I have the feeling that the next Hey! Say! JUMP cd release will happen around that time. Whether or not it will be another single or an album I'm unsure of. The Sensei wa Erai four sung the theme song for the SP, Namida-kun Sayonara, which hasn't been released and could easily be made an album track or B-side. And of course there's a good chance they might, either with just the four of them again or with the rest of HSJ, could sing the theme song for the drama.

If it's with HSJ then I'm sure there will be a single. But I'm also sure that we will be getting an album next too. One of my little hunches there. But they could still do both. NEWS' last album, Pacific, was released the same day as one of their singles, Weeeek. Or they could follow KAT-TUN's releases and have a single released right before an album but not be included in that album. Of course either of those options will be painful on the pocketbook, but I guess that's the sacrifice of being a fan. And it does all depend on whether or not HSJ will be singing the theme song for the drama or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment