Sunday, August 10, 2008

Johnny's and Olympic dreams

I meant to post yesterday but I've been sucked in by the Olympics this year. I normally don't watch them much but I find myself now getting drawn in to whatever footage they are showing. I am a bit miffed at the fact that everything is airing to late in the US, and more so on the West Coast as we're not getting to watch anything live. It seems only the East Coast is lucky enough to get any of the little bit of live coverage CBS is broadcasting.

Of course I'm hardly the only disgruntled Olympics fan and CBS has a job made out for themselves as they try to stop people on the net finding foreign Olympics coverage to watch instead. I haven't gotten to that extreme though I have been tempted to check out some of the Japanese Olympics coverage. Partly just because Sakurai Sho from Arashi is over there as an announcer. Arashi is also connected to the games with their song Kaze no Mukou e, which is on their upcoming single, being used by the Japanese channel covering the Olympics as a theme song.

Here is the PV for Kaze no Mukou e.



Like I mentioned, I normally don't watch the Olympics. In 2004 I was on an odd work schedule so I didn't have the chance to watch many of the events. This year though my schedule is very free so I have had ample time to watch not only the events but the prelims. Watching the men's gymnastics prelims I have to say I was really amazed. I'm used to seeing women's gymnastics which look drastically different than the men's. It's really amazing to see them perform and I'm really looking forward to the actual competition to see whether Japan will out perform China again like they did in Athens. Chinen Yuri's father won a bronze medal in men's gymnastics at the Olympics and it looks like Chinen has his father's talent with all the acrobatics he performs. I can't help but wonder that if Chinen didn't join Johnny's if he might have been making his Olympic debut in the 2012 London Olympics. I guess we'll never know but it'll be something I'll probably wonder about from time to time.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nakajima Yuto!

No comments:

Post a Comment