Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The ever changing Shounen Club

Well this past Sunday the first episode of Shounen Club aired for October. This is the first that showcased the A.B.C.-Z unit so I had some mixed feelings about it as I'm still not really happy with that formation. But in the end it was still an enjoyable episode and all my favorite Juniors were present and got some screen time so I was happy.

It's kinda odd to see that they've shuffled Shoon to be with Sanada and Nozawa, they've done this with their photo shoots as well for the November magazines. It's a bit of a weird combination to see, especially with Shoon being the oldest and the shortest of the three. But I have to admit I was worried that Sanada and Nozawa might have been given diminished parts/presence if they weren't attached to Hashimoto but this SC and the magazine photo shoots shows that they are still getting the same I'm still hoping that by the start of next year Hashimoto will be back with Sanada and Nozawa though, they made a good trio.

I decided to upload the Taisetsu Melody to stream because I really want to ramble on about the various Juniors featured in it.



A.B.C.-Z starts it off and I can't help but think Hashimoto seems to be uncomfortable performing the song instead of just enjoying himself like usual. I think it's more like he may not be so familiar with the song as he usually gets to perform newer songs so I think he had to study up more than usual for this performance than he normally does. But that's just my speculation.

Having three of my favorite Juniors singing one of my favorite NEWS songs is just pure win for me. Really I didn't want it to end and I love how Sanada and Nozawa even got solo lines for the performance because they could have easily just been stuck singing back up for Fujigaya like Question? did for Kitayama for the Wilds of My Heart performance later in the melody. Plus nothing brings a smile to my face than the dance that comes with Cherish. The only thing that could have made it better was if they were wearing the neon pink gloves that NEWS did for the PV and promotional lives for the single.

The orange jump suit group have been given new group costume though outside Nakajima Kento (no relation to Nakajima Yuto), who just had the greatest smile in the performance, and Takada Sho, who I only know because of Hyakushiki-Ou, I really don't feel the need/desire to learn their names still. But like I mentioned I did become interested in Kento and I'm glad he with, Takahata Misaki and Kikuchi Fuma will have roles in the Scrap Teacher drama so I can see more of him. As the easiest way to win me over is a great smile which he has.

I don't know why but I can't help but think Tanaka Juri is just all kinds of adorable. I'm not really a fan of his older brother Koki from KAT-TUN, so I don't think it's because of that relation, though I am a sucker for the brotherly type. But in any case Juri is cute and doesn't come off as awkward as he did in last month's episodes performing. And he also gives Morimoto Shintarou someone his own size out of the chibikos to stand next, as the rest are growing up quick.

On another note about the chibikos, I'm glad to see that Anderson Casey is still in the line up instead of being put in the back. The international Juniors don't catch many breaks so I'm happy that he is doing well and as things stand now he's probably the most likely international Junior to debut which would be a first as no none full-Japanese Johnny's has ever debuted to my knowledge.

I really liked the costumes Hikaru and Yabu were wearing for the episode, mostly because they show off Hikaru's arms and he actually has something to show off. I swear he and Keito need to have more sleeveless outfits. And people like Yabu shouldn't be given sleeveless outfits unless they have something more than sticks for arms. But he kinda gets away with it by having an extra piece that covers one of his upper arms which helps distract from noticing that he's so thin. I swear out of HSJ he's the one I would want to feed as he looks half starved to me, which is not an attractive look for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment