Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Okada Junichi in a movie

Tokyo Graph has reported that V6's youngest member, Okada Junichi, will be starring in an upcoming movie, that is titled Oto-na-ri. The film is scheduled to be released in the early summer of 2009.

And now to go off tangent I've always wondered why the younger members of V6 are still regulars in the idol magazines like Myojo and Duet and not the whole group. Of course very few of the older groups like SMAP, TOKIO & V6 do photo shoots at all for those magazines which makes me wonder if there is an age cut off limit or something. Or if it's their choice to make after they've been working for Johnny's for so long they get more say in their schedules, which works with how Japanese hierarchy tends to work. The more senior you are they more respect you have automatically. Or perhaps a mix of both as when a new group debuts they need more space to promote them and they probably can't just up the page count so something has to go.

As I don't think I'm going to get an answer to this question I guess I'll have to just keep pondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment