Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dramatic J DVD boxsets

It looks like Johnny's is being kind to Kansai Jr. fans, and cruel to their pocket books, by releasing the drama shorts they were in earlier this year on DVD. There will be two box sets that will have all the episodes from the Dramatic J series on them.

I don't know too much about Dramatic J, other than it's more like a collection of drama SPs that star various Kansai Jrs. So each episode is a stand alone story and the cast switch from episode to episode.

Dramatic-J DVD Box I / Japanese TV Series

Dramatic-J DVD Box II / Japanese TV Series

It seems a bit shocking that Johnny's would release something like this as the Kansai Jrs. tend to get ignored outside of the Kansai region for the most part, except I guess they've been a bit more prevalent this year after the Hey! Say! JUMP debut. I'm rather happy for them, though the only Kansai Jr. that has caught my eye is Nakayama Yuma. He really has something about him that just says 'star quality' to me and from all the breaks he's gotten it looks like Johnny's sees that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment