Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A.B.C.-Z/Kis-My-Ft2 concert reports

Well from the news reports and comments of those who went the first A.B.C.-Z/Kis-My-Ft2 concerts where a great success. According to news reports 75,000 people attended the concerts over the weekend. And I wouldn't be surprised if they add on more concerts for next month as the demand definitely seems to be there.

There seems to have been some misinformation by the way the news was reported in Japan though as the way they worded things made it sound that this was a debut concert, which it of course wasn't. The concerts were concert debuts, as in the first concerts that A.B.C.-Z and Kisumai weren't just back dancers but the main performers. I think if either group really did debut Johnny's would have made sure everybody knew by the end of the weekend and there would be a cd release announced, which of course there isn't.

But I think this is still all good news for the two groups. I've always thought Kisumai seemed to be a popular group and I think the concerts really helped prove that. And A.B.C. has been around for such a long time it's great to see them finally being able to step out from the back to be the front men in a concert. Hopefully there will be more concerts for the groups next year too, and of course a lot more exposure of them in general.

I want to at least see one of the groups debut. Right now I think Kis-My-Ft2 has the better chance as A.B.C. fills a vital role with their acrobatics at concerts and it would be much more difficult to replace them than Kisumai, as their gimmick is rollerskating which is something I think would be much easier to learn than the stunts that A.B.C. does. Of course Johnny's could always just debut the most popular members of the groups in a new unit, which would be heartbreaking for the fans, but that's never stopped them before. Though I think after the fan backlash from breaking up Ya-Ya-Yah I would imagine that they wouldn't be so quick to break up any other groups that have been around for years and have proven that they have attracted quite the fanbase. At times like these I wish I had a crystal ball to look into the future so I could do more than speculate at these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment