Saturday, October 25, 2008

NEWS color tracklist thoughts

Since I saw this posted over at the NEWS LJ comm I've been wanting to make comments about the choices of who gets to sing what. And as it seems to be slowing down news wise I figured this was as good as a time as any.

01 weeeek
02 STARDUST
03 SUMMER TIME
04 SNOW EXPRESS
05 Forever

These are all group songs and already it's clear that there is going to be more full group songs than there was on Pacific. Though I have to wonder who picked out the order for the tracks as having SUMMER TIME followed by SNOW EXPRESS just seems weird as they're about two very different seasons.

06 MOLA [Yamapi solo]

I'm really not surprised that Yamapi got a solo song as he's pretty much the front man of the group, nor am I shocked that it's the Spanish titled song with the fact that his big solo song before now was Daite Senorita.

07 ケセナイ (Kesenai) [Tegoshi main]

Well if main vocals aren't solos then I can only assume this song will be like Ai Nande
in terms of vocals. It's a bit disappointing that Tegoshi isn't getting a solo song but at least there's a chance that if there ever is a Tegomass album he'll at least get one there.

08 ordinary [Ryo solo]

Another non-shocker as Ryo gets almost the same kind of attention as Yamapi. I liked code so I'm looking forward to see what kind of song ordinary will be.

09 みんながいる世界をひとつに愛をもっとGive &Takeしましょう (Minna ga iru sekai wo hitotsu ni ai wo motto Give&Take shimashou) [Masuda main]

Well out of all the songs the title of this one does have a Massu feel to it so it's not too surprising that he at least be getting main vocals for the track. But like with Tegoshi I'm not too worried if he doesn't get an actual solo as he may have another chance for that.

10 ムラリスト (Murarisuto) [Koyama&Shige]

I wonder if the closest Koyama and Shige will get to a solo will be a duet as that's as close as they got on Pacific and now with color. Which is a pity as I have liked their concert solo songs and would love to have a cd quality version of them.

11 太陽のナミダ (Taiyou no Namida)
12 Smile Maker
13 Happy Birthday
14 FLY AGAIN
15 永遠色の恋 (Towairo no Koi)

And as the album began with it ends with the rest of the group tracks. I probably won't really know until I have the cd to listen to decide whether or not I like the split in the middle for solo/duet/main vocal tracks or whether I would have preferred to have them mixed in with the group tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment