Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Junior Group, B.I.Shadow

I seems like Johnny's hasn't given up making new Junior groups after all as with the November magazines, or at least Wink Up, Nakajima Kento, Takahata Misaki, and Kikuchi Fuma are being labeled as a new unit, B.I.Shadow. These are the three that are in the Scrap Teacher drama and according to reports from the A.B.C.-Z/Kis-My-Ft2 concert reports they even performed together on stage, even though they weren't called by their group name. Filming for November's Shounen Club is on October 20th so I guess we'll see how official this group is if they're introduced as such and not by individual name.

One thing that bugs me about this group is that I have yet to see any mention to what the B.I. stands for. With Johnny's I'm sure it will be something wonderfully Engrishy and cringe worthy as it certainly isn't the initials of any of the boys' names. My personal guess for what B.I.Shadow spells out to Boys In Shadow, though I can't help but think that sounds too cool for a Johnny's name. These are the people that gave us B.A.D., Beautiful American Dream, and BOYS, Bokutachi Osaka Yankee Shounen (We are Osaka Yankee Boys).

Other than that I'm surprised that Johnny's finally decided to make a new Junior group, and I really wasn't expecting this trio. Especially since Nakaken is still rather new to the agency, but I won't complain as you'll notice from my past posts I'm already a fan of this kid. I hope unlike TOP3 they get to stick around for a while before Johnny's decides to change things up again. As they're all in the Scrap Teacher drama I have the feeling that the group will at least last as long as it airs which should be into December.

No comments:

Post a Comment