Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hyakushiki-Ou 19AUG2008 Mt. Fuji Pt.1

I haven’t really had the time to right up reports for Hyakushiki-Ou for a while, even though I’ve been meaning to. I’ll try to make the time though until I’ve caught up as I figure by then it will be November and the episodes with Tottsu would have begun.

As usual the episode starts with a fact quiz segment, but the boys seem to know more about the topic, Mt. Fuji, than most of the topics they cover on the program. I have the feeling it’s something that is taught about in the Japanese school system as it is such a symbolic mountain for Japan. Also of note part of this episode is Fujigaya-less. If I remember correctly this was a month that the members of Kis-My-Ft2 were busy which explains his absence for the first half.

After that is over Takada has the task of talking about Mt. Fuji and quizzing the ‘class’, which Inohara joins for this. He shows several pictures of Mt. Fuji, all rather beautiful, and the others have to guess what each is called. There’s some cute uses of English for this from Inohara and Shoon for some of the guesses.


The next segment is the next fact quiz as the topic moves to sightseers visiting Mt. Fuji and what can be expected to be found there for them. And Fujigaya all of a sudden makes an appearance after not being there for the first part of the episode. Which makes me wonder what the taping schedule is like for the program. And instead of one of the boys going out to check things out they have someone else to climb Mt. Fuji for them, which if I’m understanding correctly is the assistant director (AD), and show them the kinds of things they’ll come across if they hike up the mountain.


They then switch back to the classroom where they bring the AD over to talk to him a bit. Mt. Fuji themed items are brought out then and the boys have to pick one to figure out what exactly they are. Sanada gets to try first which the bottle he picks up ends up being air from Mt. Fuji. Takada gets to try the food shaped like Mt. Fuji, which you can easily tell from the look on his face that he enjoys. He says the bread part tastes like melon bread, which makes me want to try some, as I love melon bread. As the credits roll Shoon gets to try one of the items, which I’m assuming is rock candy, as he compares the taste to Konpeito, which is a kind of rock candy IIRC.


The closing shot is of Takada and Keito eating some of the Mt. Fuji bread Takada tried earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment