Friday, June 5, 2009

Yuma w/B.I.Shadow on Music Station

Ok, I decided to go to the common area and watch this episode of Music Station. The area was a bit loud at times so I wasn't able to get everything but it's very clear that this is indeed a new official Johnny's unit. There was a short introduction segment before the boys got to introduce themselves and footage from KAT-TUN's and Hey! Say! JUMP's respective Music Station debuts were shown. Also on the information blurb there was not a single mention of Junior in them and outright called them a new Johnny's unit.

And for those who thought the name was too long, it seems Johnny's realized that too and made a slight change to the group name. It's now just Yuma w/B.I.Shadow, which helps, but I still feel it's a pretty silly looking name.

They're the first artist to show up in Music Station Mini and with the female host stay to greet all the others that were on the program. Yuma gets to try his English out when the Black Eyed Peas take their turn. Also during this segment all the boys are wearing white costumes.

They don't perform until the second half of the show, but after the second performance on the show they all have done a costume change as they're in their color coded costumes. Yuma is white, Nakaken is yellow, Kikuchi is orange, Hokuto is blue and Yuugo is green.

As I mentioned before there is a short segment to announce that this is a new Johnny's group that is debuting after such previously debuted groups, KAT-TUN and Hey! Say! JUMP. Then there's a focus on Yuma, his history as a Junior (as he's pretty much the only one that really has one) and then they get to get introduce themselves. It's pretty much everyone stating name, age and then something quick about themselves. Yuma, Nakaken and Kikuchi all looked rather comfortable for this. Hokuto wasn't too bad, but you could tell there was a difference in stage presence, and then Yuugo was the usual awkward I-just-joined-and-don't-really-have-a-clue-about-what-I'm-doing-but-I-guess-it's-my-turn-to-talk-now. For a moment it looked like he forgot what to say after he said his name and age.

The song, Akuma na Koi, is cute. Lots of English and abuses the word 'love' like no other. But the full group did sing so B.I.Shadow are indeed more than backdancers to Yuma. Halfway through the performance they change songs and sing the song Yuma was singing at the KAT-TUN Tokyo Dome concerts (I still can't remember the name of it). During this Morimoto Shintarou shows up and sings with the group. I noticed that Hokuto at one point was harmonizing with Shintarou as the rest sung the melody. Which makes me wonder if this means Hokuto is actually good at singing and perhaps this is what all his early pimping was about.

And after not seeing any concert tickets for the new unit concert Sunday the resale store that I usually use had quite a few today. It makes me wonder if disgruntled Takahata fans sold theirs off, or if it was just because they were sent out late with all the schedule changes. Either way I'll be there Sunday for the first concert of the day at 10AM. I'll try to get a report out as soon as I get back, as well as take pictures of the little merchandise that they're selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment