Friday, June 26, 2009

My Summer Drama Early Look

Today I picked up the recently released issue of TV Life as it has early looks at a lot of the upcoming summer dramas. There's a lot of Koishite Akuma coverage in this issue but other dramas, especially the ones with Johnny's didn't get completely short changed either.

I am a bit disappointed that only Nakayama Yuma, Morimoto Shintarou, Kondo Masahiko and Kato Rosa are really the only cast members that are in the photo shoots. But that's probably my bias for Nakajima Kento at work there. I still don't think the drama will be anything special, but I'm willing to give it a shot, and it'll give me something to do with my free time during the summer.

One of the dramas I'm looking forward to is Ninkyo Helper, starring Kusanagi Tsuyoshi. I've always liked the yakuza comedy series, and I'm curious to see Yabu Kota in a drama. Especially since is seems his character, Yozan, is a bit of a player.

Then there's Orthros no Inu which holds the place as most anticipated drama for summer for me. There looks to be a lot of mysteries and events that connect everyone, as it has one of the most complicated character charts in the magazine. And then there's the fact that it has Nishikido Ryo, whom I've come to like as an actor from Ryuusei no Kizuna. And of course Yaotome Hikaru has a role, and I really want to see how he does acting. From the little blurb in TV Life, Hikaru's character, Kumakiri Masaru, is a suspect in a drug related murder and is the son of one of the men connected to Takizawa Hideaki's character, Ryuzaki Shinji. So he definately hasn't been given an easy role to play.

I was also really excited to see some coverage on, and it looks like there will be even more with the next issue of TV Life, is Nagase Tomoya's drama, Karei Naru Spy. Which does indeed mean it's finally been given a name, which I believe translates to Becoming a Magnificent Spy. And it has Nagase in a dorky suit and shows the shoe phone, which looks pretty much just like the shoe phone from Get Smart. I really can't wait for this drama to air, as it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. And from the preview for the next issue it will be getting a good deal of coverage in that.

I can't remember the last time I tried to follow so many dramas in one season. Hopefully none of them give me a reason to drop them part way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment