Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nakayama Yuma w/ B.I.Shadow debut?!!!

I haven't been blogging so much recently because I haven't been feeling well (better now thankfully) and I have mid-terms but this latest news is just so many of WTF I have to write something.

It looks like we are getting a new debuted unit this year, but it's not Kis-My-Ft2 or a new unit for Uchi, it's the newly formed Nakayama Yuma w/B.I.Shadow. They will be on Music Station this Friday to sing the song for their debut single, Akuma na Koi, which is also the theme song for the upcoming drama Yuma is starring in. The cd single will be released next month on July 15th.

And for this debut there's been a change in B.I.Shadow's line up, as Takahata Masaki apparently has quit Johnny's, people are reporting he quit last week. The newly voted in Junior from School Kakumei, Kochi Yuugo, has been added to make the group a five member unit.

I can understand Nakayama debuting, in a way it was rather surprising he wasn't one of the Juniors that debuted with Hey! Say! JUMP, as he's been popular for some time. And I mean I like Nakaken, I like Hokuto, don't really have an opinion on Kikuchi yet but at least he's been in Johnny's for as long as Nakaken has. New kid is going to look quite awkward on stage (I'm getting flashbacks to Keito's first few appearences as a back dancer for the original Hey! Say! 7). But couldn't they have debuted an older group first? Like Kis-My-Ft2? I mean I know I'm not completely deluded when I say they are popular, it wasn't hard to spot Kisumai fans at the KAT-TUN concerts at all, they were everywhere. Though I know that if Kisumai do eventually debut I'll be happy enough and be willing to forgive the fact that this new group is a senpai group to them.

Not only that, but Johnny's hasn't been doing much with the last group they debuted, outside of concerts twice a year and a couple of variety programs. I mean they haven't even released a single cd this year yet! Is this new group going to suffer a similiar fate or will Johnny's get thier act together?

I really don't know what to think. I'm happy for the boys that are debuting, but frustrated for some of the ones that aren't. I think in the end I will support the new unit as I want to support Nakaken and Hokuto, but I wish they were given more time as Juniors as this all seems so rushed.

Yahoo! Japan article.
(Japanese only)

Tokyo Graph article. (English)

No comments:

Post a Comment