Sunday, June 7, 2009

NYC boys

I knew that going to the first show of the day I was going to miss something that Johnny's would save for a later show. And it looks like I was right as it's being reported that YuBIS will be making a temporary unit with Yamada Ryosuke and Chinen Yuri to sing a volleyball support song for the World Volley Ball Grand Prix, that will be held in Tokyo this July and August. The group name comes from Nakayama, Yamada, Chinen and the Boys from B.I.Shadow (Boys In Shadow) and the title of the song they will be singing will be simply NYC. The song will be a A-side to the upcoming Akuma na Koi single, making it a double A-side release. Perhaps this is why the cd information hasn't been put up anywhere yet.

I have to say Yuma w/B.I.Shadow's debut has be the oddest Johnny's debut yet. It doesn't really follow any of the usual patterns that past debuts have so it seems impossible to guess what's next. But I have the feeling that Johnny's is using Yamada and Chinen's popularity in hopes of bringing in fans for YuBIS. Smart business move since only Yuma has had time to build a fanbase, though Nakaken seems to have a good following himself.

I think I would be more excited about the temporary unit if Hey! Say! JUMP had a cd released already after Mayonaka no Shadow Boy or at least had one scheduled to be released. I mean if they can release NYC, why couldn't they have released Jounetsu JUMP? I hope we get an album announcement soon for HSJ for a July release or something. It's long overdue and since Johnny's doesn't promote albums nearly as much as single it most likely wouldn't be too much of a strain on Yamada and Chinen's schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment