Friday, June 5, 2009

Nishikido to star in 24 hour TV drama

It has been announced that Nishikido Ryo will be the one to star in the annual drama special for the 24 Hour TV program. The drama is based off a novel and is titled, Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide. Ryo will play a young man who has a brain tumor that had stopped him from being able to acheive his dream of becoming a physicist. He will be joined by fellow Johnny's talent, Yamada Ryosuke, who will play his younger brother in the drama.

Tokyo Graph article. (English)

As happay as I am for Ryo for landing such a prominent role for this event, I can't helped but feel relieved to see Yamada's name attached to this too. I guess without fully realizing it I was rather worried about Johnny's completely sidelining Hey! Say! JUMP to focus on Yuma w/B.I.Shadow. But I guess that really is a silly idea as this announcement proves, as this is a pretty big thing for Yamada as well. And my other silly side can't help but smile at the two Ryo-chans being together. XD

And in an unrelated tidbit, I decided to recheck the goods being listed for the Junior con tomorrow and while it's still only a penlight and photosets being listed they've given the number of photosets. Nineteen. o_O If Yuma w/B.I.Shadow get one group and one individual set then they will be six of those. If Mis Snow Man gets the same treatment, there's nine more to take the number to fifteen. Shintarou will get a set, of this I'm sure so that brings it up to sixteen. So there are three sets that I can't guess who they are for. Since YuBIS (I've decided this is my abbreviation for the group, as I can pronounce it as a word) is debuting, I don't think there will be a 7-EAST after all and there are no other Juniors listed by group or name in the concert information on Johnny's net. I guess A.B.C.-Z could get a set, even though they're just special guests, but that still leaves two sets unaccounted for. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning (I think I will show up around 8AM to buy goods as they start going on sale at 730AM). Though I do hope they're given to some of the popular ungrouped Juniors, like Tanaka Juri, Kyomoto Taiga and Uekusa Yuta.

Either way there's no way I can buy nineteen photosets, so instead I'll get the YuBIS, some of the MSM and will just have to wait and see what the other ones are to decide to buy them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment