Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yabu to join cast of Kusanagi's new drama, plus Hey! Say! 7 returns to Minna no Uta

It has been announced that Yabu Kota will be joining the cast of Kusanagi Tsuyoshi's upcoming summer drama. In the drama Kusanagi's character is a yakuza boss and under directions of the higher up of the organization must work at a nursing organization for training. Yabu will play one of Kusanagi's underlings. (At this I can't help but get flashbacks to Koki's character from My Boss, My Hero.)

Daily Sports article. (Japanese only)

Even though I'm not a big fan of Yabu, I can't deny that I'm really happy for him. In fact I would have been happy for any of the Hey! Say! BEST boys to get a drama role at this point, since post-debut only two of the five have gotten drama roles. I hope this means that BEST will finally get more chances to do things, since unlike the Hey! Say! 7 members school and work restrictions aren't really a problem for most of them, so they can be doing a lot more than they have been.

And according to Johnny's net Hey! Say! 7 will once again have Salsa Ii na Ii ne played on the five minute program, Minna no Uta. It will air in June and July.

I'm hoping that with Salsa Ii na Ii ne getting back on air it means that just maybe Johnny's is getting ready to release something for Hey! Say! JUMP. I say this because if they plan on giving the song a cd release then it would be best to release the cd will the song is being aired for promotion. I really hope I'm right with this, and that this will be the start of Johnny's getting HSJ releases back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment