Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Arashi's 10 year anniversary best album

I know quite a few fans, myself included, were expecting this best album to be announced sooner or later this year. I don't think anyone expected it to be the monster it is, with the RE having two cds long and the LE three. But considering all things this will probably be the perfect best of album to release for the 10th anniversary of the group as they have really shot up in popularity in the recent years and for the newer fans this will be a good way to get familiar with not only their new songs but all their music as it will contain every single A-side from their debut in 1999 up to their latest release Crazy Moon - Kimi wa Muteki -, plus having a brand new song that is still untitled, putting the track count up to 32. And the LE has a third disc that the members of the group have picked their favorite songs from their discography (that are of course not on the first two discs).

While the die-hard fans that already own everything the group has put out may not be getting much from the release, unless they go for the 40-page booklet of the LE and to get the new song, more casual fans, like myself, or as I mentioned newer fans are sure to find this to be a very welcome addition to their collection.


And I expect this to get amazing sales for a Johnny's album, as most of the time their albums don't sell nearly as well as their singles, but I think this might be the exception to the rule.

EDIT

It looks like the album wasn't the only thing announced today as Johnny's net has information for Arashi's anniversary concert tour up. I can only imagine the ticket bidding for these concerts will fierce, and if I wasn't so sure that the tickets will be insanely expensive I would think about trying to catch a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment