Sunday, September 14, 2008

We are the No.1! Outlow!

Tonight you will get fangirl spazzing from me as one of the parts of the 14SEP2008 Shounen Club that is showing up first for download is the Kis-My-Ft2 performance of their new song, Kaizoku (or Pirates, I'm not sure as the title is in kanji but they sing it as 'pirates' in the song). But yes, Kisumai has been my favorite Junior group for a while now, even though I love Top3 it's hard to really call them a group nowadays with how influx they are. Kisumai on the other hand have been around for years now and were created by two other Junior groups, Kis-My-Ft and A.B.C. Jr., being put together back in 2005. They originally had eight members but lost their 'i' years ago. And that is my quick Kisumai history because I want to babble on and on about them as I love them so. Especially Fujigaya ♥ and Wataru ♥, my favorite members of the group. But I think I'll save that for another entry at a later date.

Here is the streamed video of the Kaizoku(Pirates) performance. You can download the Shounen Club episode from moon_kaka's LJ journal, which is where I got my version of it this time.



The Engrish is rather cute. I'm certain they were going for Outlaw instead of Outlow, being this is a song about pirates, but somebody forgot to run the whole song by someone who is fluent in English. But that's hardly anything new in J-pop.

I think this is one of those songs that you just need to see onstage at a concert to really love. I don't love it like Brand New Season, Fire Beat or Kis-My-Me-Mine, but it has a certain appeal to it. Maybe because it really tries to give every member a solo line, though it's hardly an equal breakdown. And maybe because this seems to be more focus on the performance and less on the vocals. I really wish I could go to the A.B.C.-Z/Kis-My-Ft2 concerts in October and November now. Or maybe Johnny's will answer my prayers and debut Kisumai as a group so I know that one day I'll see them concert. Kinda like I plan no matter what to one day attend a NEWS and Hey! Say! JUMP concert. They do seem to be the most popular Junior group now after HSJ's debut and I personally think that they have a lot of potential. But that could just be my bias speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment