Saturday, September 27, 2008

October Wink Up Dengonban translations

Now that I'm in a Japanese class again I thought I should try my hand at translating a bit. Of course I'm only beginning my second year of learning the Japanese language so I can't promise perfect accuracy in my translations but I am at a point where I usually get the gist of things and have no trouble with simple sentences. These are translations not transliterations so don't expect to see it translated word for word as it would make for very poor English.

Also if you want to repost this information somewhere please comment and remember to credit. I don't mind mind about the scans, you can take those and do whatever, I don't mind. The translations though are something I had to actually put some effort into so I would appreciate the credit as well as the fact that if there is a mistranslation it would be very helpful for me if people could find me and tell me what I got wrong so I can learn from the mistake. I translated Tegoshi's as it was so short, simple and he even wrote part of it in English.
Tegoshi Yuya (NEWS)
To everybody who loves soccer,
Soccer is good, isn’t it.
We are soccer player!* That is all.
* Tegoshi wrote this line in English. I translated Yabu's because it wasn't very long and I'm a L'arc~en~Ciel fan too so I was really curious to know what he wrote.
Yabu Kota (Hey! Say! JUMP)
To L’arc~en~Ciel’s Hyde,

Since 10 years ago I have liked you. The first CD I bought was L’arc~en~Ciel’s. At the time I was in second grade and from then I have always been a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment