Sunday, September 21, 2008

Anime Nagase and Chinen starred in, Mukoh Haden (Sword of Stranger), coming Stateside

You know I remember discovering that Nagase Tomoya (TOKIO) and Chinen Yuri (Hey! Say! JUMP) being voice actors in an anime movie over a year ago. But between then and now I had completely forgotten about it until reading Anime News Network's Bandai Entertainment Anime Weekend Atlanta panel report. According to the report Mukoh Haden, or The Sword of Stranger as it will be called in the U.S. market, will have a limited theater run (doesn't say if it will be the dub or sub that will be shown) and then in February 2009 it will be released on DVD in the U.S.

I don't think I'll buy it without viewing the movie first, so for me it'll definitely be added to my Netflix queue. I'm really curious to how Nagase and Chinen did with voice acting. I have yet to be impressed by Chinen's acting skills and this was done before he was even a part of the temporary Hey! Say! 7 group so I almost dread it a little. But I think Nagase will do fine and it also has Sakamoto Maaya in the cast so she should make it worth watching at least.

Also another anime being brought over with Johnny's ties is Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of the Beast King, which Domoto Koichi (Kinki Kids) did the opening theme song for and voiced the adult version of the main character Thor. This is being released by Funimation as a complete box set, as it only ran for 11 episodes, on October 7th, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment