Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Shounen Club 08JUN2008

I got a little screen cap happy with this Shounen Club as I enjoyed it more than the other June episode. I completely played favorites with the opening and closing songs as Shoon remains my favorite Junior, I'm liking Kawai more and more and Nozawa just won me over with this episode. The kid is so cute.

The theme this time is 'Rock' and in rock n' roll music. The opening starts off Question? and A.B.C. beginning the melody. They're shortly joined by Kis-My-Ft2 with Kitayama and Fujigaya take center stage. They're joined shortly by a couple Juniors that have their names flash and then fade back in with the rest of the group-less Juniors. Then it's the Orange Jumpsuits (yes that is what I've decided to call them from now on). Then it's Shoon, and I'm glad he's wearing one of his better outfits, even though it is quite shiny. Doesn't look like I can keep calling the Kyomoto-trio that as their group has been fluctuating with member numbers so I'll just call them Chibikos as that sums them up just as well. But yes, they come in after Shoon followed by the return of Shoon but this time with the Hashimoto-trio. Then to finish the melody, this month's guest Yasuda Shota comes on stage to join the Juniors.


Koyama, who thankfully ditched the glasses this time around, and Nakamaru come out to introduce Yasuda and the episode's theme and the next melody kicks off with the Chibikos. They go off stage to make way for Shoon, Question? and Yokoo, Miyata, Nikaido and Tamamori from Kis-My-Ft2. Shoon just steals my heart on this song. Then it's Kitayama and Fujigaya with the Orange Jumpsuits up next. And explaining why Kis-My-Ft2 has been split up for this melody Senga comes out with his other group, Butoukan, minus Yara. They are followed by the Hashimoto-trio, and I may be a bit biased as I really like the tone of Nozawa's voice, but I think they sound better singing LIPS than KAT-TUN does. But like I said, I'm probably biased on this. I'm also in complete denial that these guys are only 14-15 years old, more for Hashimoto than anyone else as he does not look or sound 14 at all.


I usually don't care for the letter reading segments on SC, if mainly because I don't understand enough Japanese to understand what's being said. I got lucky this time around and found this one subtitled in English and I highly recommend hunting it down as Bunichi and Senga are cute in this. Especially when Senga flakes out at the end of his letter and says Bunichi's name instead of his own at the sign off of his letter.


Butoukan then performs their newest song Sweet Butterfly. The more I see of this group the more I like them. I mean when they were first introduced on the Shounen Club 2007 Christmas Special I really didn't care for them. But since then I've come to enjoy them and I find myself hoping that they get the chance to debut, even though it may make the future of Kis-My-FtII and A.B.C. rather uncertain. I decided to try to show off each member in the screen caps this time around for them, so it's Senga, Yara, Tsukada, Yamamoto and Bunichi, in that order in the caps.


Koyama and Nakamaru talk to Yasuda about this episode's theme, Rock. He then does his solo song for this episode, a pop-rock dance song.


Then it's onto what I thought was one of the highlights of the episode, the Junior League. Was kinda dissappointed not to see Shoon there, but I guess with the guest judge they wanted to keep the participate number smaller than usual. But Kawai and Fujigaya did not disappoint and Nozawa had to be the cutest thing when he did his dog impersonation. I was very glad he won his turn against Sanada. I felt a bit bad about Fujigaya losing to Senga as he did do a better job impersonating Yamapi singing Daite Senorita but Senga's attempt was very amusing in its fail. And Kawai's 'nyan~nyan' at the end was adorkable. Goseki was great too, especially with his cute wiggling. This game ended in a draw in the end, and it's one I know I'll rewatch over and over again.


Question? then get to perform Mihari, which is an Otokogumi song. They sound great and make me want to see about hunting down more of Otokogumi's songs.


Next we get a Kansai Junior ni Q segment. I was able to find this subbed as well which I found interesting to watch. I have to wonder who names their son Fuugaru, but since I'm a bit of a language nerd I found his topic interesting in the fact that even though his father is American and speaks to him in English he can't actually speak the language just understand it when it's spoken to him. Bunichi is cute in this as he's so embarrassed about the fact he wasn't prepared at all to be called on. You can even see his ears go red.


Koyama and Nakamaru then talk to A.B.C. about rock musicians/groups that they admire. You get the usual Rolling Stones and Aerosmith and when it comes to Kawai he breaks out the Matsumoto Jun impersonation again before seriously answering that he admires Otokogumi's Okamoto Kenichi. As A.B.C. walks over the stage Nakamaru tries to walk off with them but Koyama pulls him back. Of course he just ends up showing up later to beat box and the then A.B.C. for the rest of the song.


It's then the end of the show and time for the end song, Oh My Dream. It's pretty much just the older Juniors singing this song, which seems to be the recent trend.


July will be the Kansai Juniors on Shounen Club, though Butoukan are suppose to be performing too. Unlike most months there hasn't been any report translations floating around, which is a bit sad. The Kansai Juniors really seem to be the red headed step children of JE even though there is undoubtedly quite a bit of talent there.

No comments:

Post a Comment