Wednesday, June 18, 2008

July 2008 Shounen Club Report

I guess I need to complain a bit more in my blogs. I complained about not knowing about the B-side to Hey! Say! JUMP's 3rd single and within a couple of days the information appeared. Yesterday I lamented about the lack of an English report of July's Shounen Club and today, somebody posted one. You can view the full report they translated from the Shounen Club homepage here.

The guests are Tegomass and only part of Butoukan, Tsukada, Senga and of course Bunichi, instead of the full group as assumed earlier will be there. The themes are Summer and Smile.

Tegomass of course sing their latest song, Ai Ai Gasa, for both episodes though it looks for the second one it may be a partial version as Koyama is listed as singing weeeek with them. Koyama also gets to sing Private Hearts solo in the first episode. Nakamaru get to sing his latest solo song, Smack, in the second episode.

It seems like C=Normal is the Butoukan song that they sing when they don't have the full group together as the only other time it was performed Tsukada and Senga were absent from that month's Shounen Club. They also perform their newest song, Sweet Butterfly.

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of solos and performances being given to none Kansai Juniors. Even though these SCs are meant to showcase them a sizable portion of of the episodes seem to be going to others. Though they are the first to cover a HSJ song on a SC episode as it's included in the Smile melody. And just as I thought I'm weirded out by the though of HSJ having their songs covered by Juniors. But it's only about three months away from their one year anniversary so I guess it was bound to happen sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment