Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hyakushiki-Ou 23SEP2008 Electronic Appliances

Well it looks like I was able to keep my word and finish the write ups for all of the September episodes of Hyakushiki-Ou. Maybe at this pace I can finish October's episodes before I go back to school on the 5th.

This seems to be the perfect episode for me to watch over winter break as I just went over vocabulary for electronic appliances in my Japanese class this past quarter so it’s a good review. So I was able to understand just a little bit more than I usually do this episode.

The set up for the episode isn’t any different than usual. They then go to the classroom set and if I’m getting the gist of what they’re saying right they have Inohara sit in the student section because he’s too old and Fujigaya takes on the role of teacher in his place. And then the information segment about the ‘latest refrigerator’ begins. And then after a quick introduction video clips to show off the ‘latest washing machine’ are shown, which is then followed by the usual quiz segment talking more about the history of different modern day electronic appliances.


When things switch back to the classroom set Shoon is in the teacher’s spot to talk about the microwave and then the ‘latest cooker’. This pretty much follows the same pattern of Fujigaya introduction the ‘latest’ items earlier and goes into a quiz segment afterwards as well.


It’s then Sanada’s turn in the teacher’s spot, and he’s made to redo his beginning pose as it lacked the flash of Fujigaya’s and especially Shoon’s. He gets to talk about rice cookers. But unlike the previous two instead of video clips that are shown they brought in a rice cooker to the studio. Inohara gets to taste the rice as the boys look on. Though not long after that they all get a bowl of rice to taste, which leads into the show credits.


The closing clip is Inohara pestering Sanada as he dishes out the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment