Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Maruyama to join Ohno for Uta no Oniisan

The TV Asahi site has updated with a complete cast list for its upcoming drama, Uta no Oniisan, which stars Arashi's Ohno. It lists Maruyama from Kanjani8 to be a part of the cast, and from the placement of his name in the list it looks like he may have a big supporting role. Of course it's a bit hard to tell as most of the article is about the actress that is playing Ohno's ex-girlfriend, as she's the singer of the heavily promoted avex band Girl Next Door, Chisa. I'm now a bit impressed that Johnny's got the theme song (or I think it's the theme song, could be OP/ED song) for the drama, though I would not be surprised if Girl Next Door gets a song attached to the drama as well as avex has yet to get the group have a big break out release to date. So which ever song slot is open theme or OP/ED I'm sure will go to her band.

I am glad though Maruyama will be in the drama as I'm slowly finding myself liking Kanjani8 a bit more than I have. And since I will be checking this series out when it airs I'll find out if he'll help that feeling grow. Especially since the other drama I plan on following Hissatsu Shigotonin 2009 which has Ohkura in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment