Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Happiness 2008 Brought.

Well I guess it would be fitting to do a end of year post, though I'm really not prepared to do so. I just can't seem to be able to focus on anything to write about and be coherent. I'll try my best though I'll probably miss things I'll want to talk about but I guess I'll just have to try to work those things into posts for 2009. ^__^

So I'm just making a short list focusing on the positives of 2008, as I don't want to lament about anything as I get ready to enter a new year.

Things I was happy with in 2008.

:NEWS: I don't talk about them as much as I probably should as they are my favorite group and the group that got me into Johnny's in the first place. I think that is something I need to change next year. But I think they had a great year. Even though I didn't always like the title tracks of their singles I ended up loving at least one of the B-sides and while I prefer Pacific over Color I did enjoy the album a lot. The concert DVD for this year though was pure love and I don't think I could get sick watching it. Ryo was great in the dramas he was in, I may not have watched Last Friends but I am currently loving Ryusei no Kizuna. And now that i think about all of NEWS have had opportunities to act during the year, though the drama Massu is in won't air until next year. And since I brought him up Massu has finally noticeably changed his hair style. It's refreshing to see something different though I don't think it's the best cut for him but at least it's something different.

:Hey! Say! JUMP: Well most of this year was a part of their debut year so I think it's a lot of figuring out what to do with for Johnny's. Their singles have all been rather enjoyable and their concerts sound like a blast to attend. I loved that Takaki got a role in one of my favorite drama series, Gokusen. Especially as it gave him more chances to do things to help promote the drama. Even though Hey! Say! 7 seem to get more attention that Hey! Say! BEST I think the closer we got to the end of the year the more that seemed to even out between the two. Which isn't surprising as most of BEST will be out of high school soon and will be able to do much more work wise than the members of 7. Yamada was kept busy with dramas and I think he's improving with his acting, though it would probably help if he was given different kinds of characters to portray as he seems quite eager to learn and humble enough to know that he needs to work harder.

:Kis-My-Ft2: Ever since I began to get into the Juniors I have liked Kis-My-Ft2 so seeing them in the spotlight for so much of the year has made me a very happy fan. With A.B.C-Z they pretty much rule Shounen Club and I think this is just something that' s been a long time coming for the group. This year I've learned much more about the group and it's members that I have come to favor them over some of the debuted units. Their new songs have all been just love and there just wasn't a performance that I didn't love in the end. Also I'm going to have to add Miyata to my list of favorite members as he's grown on me over the year. Of course that would make my list over half the group and if I keep coming to love the group as much as I did in 2008 I think the list will end up just being the full group. (laugh)

:Nozawa Yuki & Sanada Yuma: I'm putting these two together because I don't think I can imagine one without the other. I'm very glad that Nozawa got a chance to do more than back dance, especially as he has a nice voice that deserves to be heard. He fit in well with Sanada and Hashimoto and TOP3 might have been short lived but I loved them anyway. I love seeing them in the Junior League segments on Shounen Club. Nozawa seems to just naturally shine and Sanada is getting better with his stage presence, which I think comes from being on Hyakushiki-Ou.

:Yamashita Shoon: I guess one could wonder what about Shoon could be considered happy to reflect on, but if you've been paying attention to him this year you would know. The change in his stage presence this year was quite dramatic. He is nothing but confidence and smiles these days and his hard work is paying off. He's gotten chances to act on stage and even though he no longer has a group he's still a regular face on Shounen Club and Hyakushiki-Ou. While maybe people can't see as much of him from back in 2007 I think he's doing a much better job of making sure every moment he is seen on camera counts and is remembered.

:Starting up and keeping with this blog: Seriously I can't imagine not having this blog to write in almost everyday now. I'm the kind of person that when I love something I want to talk to people about it, and as I don't know any Johnny's fans in real life being able to communicate with other fans other the internet makes me really happy. Thank you everyone who has left a comment, I always enjoy reading them, though I don't always know what to say in return but I make sure there isn't a single one I miss out on reading. And thank you to everyone who return to read the blog for sticking with me so far. Even if you have never commented it still makes me happy to think there are people that feel my blog is worth coming back to. So again thank you and I hope you all plan on sticking with me for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment