Monday, January 12, 2009

Brief thoughts on January's Shounen Club

It's really getting to the point where I'm finding myself getting impatient waiting for the next episode of Shounen Club. I mean after Hey! Say! JUMP debuted it didn't seem like there was much keeping me watching the show apart from Kis-My-Ft2 and Shoon, but now there are so many Juniors that I have come to love seeing. Like Nozawa, Sanada, Nakaken, Kyomoto, Uekusa and even HipHop JUMP is quickly growing on me (I think the whole concept of the group just amuses me too much).

Speaking of HipHop JUMP, it's been bugging me on whether or not their outfits were made to look like rip-offs of Kis-My-Ft2's track outfits or if they actually are those outfits but tailored so the kids can wear them without them falling off. I'm leaning towards the later as Camu Cade's outfit is different than the rest of the groups and looks like a new design, so if they are willing to make him a new outfit I would assume they did the same for the rest of the group. And I guess someone at Johnny's just really liked the design of Kisumai's outfits to have those be copied for the group. But outfits aside the group finally got a vocal part in a medley and I found it interesting they all 'rapped' it together. I wonder if that means if they get group songs if they will all be 'rap' heavy.

Of the other younger Juniors Kyomoto and Uekusa really just seem to fit as a duo and I hope they stay that way. I know I've seen people call them the next Tegomass, but to me that doesn't seem right as to me Tegomass is a sub unit. Probably because I'd rather see them be the next Kinki Kids and be a proper debuted duo unit. But that's probably going to be some years down the road for them yet if it does happen.

And Nakaken seems to be a natural star as it has only been a few months and he's getting rather prominent spots for a younger Junior. He's another I can see going far and I would love to see get to debut eventually.

I'm still glad every time I see them that Sanada and Nozawa aren't completely forgotten and are given chances to be in the spotlight. They are many but as long as they don't get shoved to the back I'll be happy.

And after the concerts I thought all the Kis-My-Ft2 and A.B.C.-Z promotion would die down a bit but it doesn't seem to be that way at all. Although I won't complain as a Kis-My-Ft2 fan. Besides both groups have members that have been around since members of groups like NEWS and KAT-TUN were Juniors so I think it's well deserved attention for them. It also gives us such gems as Kawai's impersonations. I think he just might have managed to top himself with his latest from the January 11th episode with his impersonation of MatsuJun impersonating KimuTaku. (laugh)

It was nice to see Uchi there for the second episode, especially the little interactions he had with Koyama. It does just now feels like he truly is back to stay to me finally, seeing him on a Johnny's staple show like Shounen Club. It will be interesting to see where his career will take him after he finishes his solo concerts this month.

Next month will be Hey! Say! JUMP returning as guests and filming should be done sometime this week. Hopefully this month there will be a report for it, because I need something to help me with the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment