Sunday, January 11, 2009

HipHop Jump profiles

People seem to be asking for more information about the members of HipHop Jump, and since I'm naturally curious I decided to try to see what I could find. Sadly it was not much, except for Hagiya Keigo and Tanaka Juri ironically enough, as they both seem to have joined Johnny's this past year while everyone else in the group have been in Johnny's for at least a couple of years.

These were the profiles I was able to put together with the information I found. Most are rather lacking and I just lucked out with Hagiya by just happening to have a Wink Up with his profile information in it. I did eventually find a magazine scan with Juri's profile information but the quality wasn't good enough for me to make out some of the kanji so I couldn't translate as much of it as I wanted to. But it's still much more than most of the others. Everything else I had to hunt down on the net so I can't say it's all 100% reliable outside of names and birth dates. And I also added some personal comments at the end of each profile.


HipHop JUMP profiles


Tanaka Juri (田中樹)
Birthdate: 15 June 1995
Born in: Chiba, Japan
Hobby: reading
Favorite subject: PE
Least liked subject: social studies
Favorite food: meat
Favorite song: Lips by KAT-TUN
Reason for applying: His brother (Koki) had joined.
Admired senpai: His older brother.

Notes: I think he’s most likely one of the more well known members of this group as he’s Tanaka Koki’s (KAT-TUN) kid brother. He has so far been mainly been given rapping solos on Shounen Club so I’m sure he will continue to the rapper for this group.


Cade Camu (カミュー・ケイド)
Birthdate: 7 July 1992
Born in: California, USA
Blood type: A
Admired senpai: Tanaka Koki

Notes: Was in the eighth season of the popular Kinpachi-sensei drama series. He’s also easily the oldest of the group with about a three year gap between him and the next eldest member of HipHop Jump.


Morita Myuto (森田美勇人)
Birthdate: 31 October 1995
Born in: Tokyo, Japan
Blood type: A

Notes: Found him in the Summary 2005 concert pamphlet I have so he’s been around in Johnny’s for a while.


Luis Jesse (ルイス・ジェシー)
Birthdate: 11 June 1996
Born in: Tokyo, Japan
Admired senpai: Nakamura Yuichi

Notes: He seems near impossible to find information for, which is a shame, IMHO, as he is just so adorable. Maybe being in HipHop Jump will help give him some popularity so people will be more willing to find out more about him, and thus be able to find his information easier.


Hagiya Keigo (萩谷慧悟)
Birthdate: 7 October 1996
Born in: Saitama, Japan
Blood type: Doesn’t know.
Strong point: Bringing people together
Weak point: Expressing his feelings
Hobby: dance
Favorite food: sushi
Disliked food: persimmon, sea urchin
Favorite color: green
Favorite animal: bird
Favorite sport: basketball
Best subject: Science
Worst subject: Japanese language
Reason for applying: Admires SMAP
Admired senpai: Yamashita Tomohisa

Notes: This is all from the May 2007 Wink Up magazine I have, which means that’s probably one of his first magazines shoots as new Junior faces in magazines get profile information instead of actually getting to say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment