Friday, January 23, 2009

KAT-TUN's Tokyo Dome Undying Consecutive Week

It looks like Johnny's is going to make sure KAT-TUN stays in the spotlight with Arashi by giving them a spring concert series. It will be a week of consecutive concerts at the Tokyo Dome from May 15th- May 21st, which is a Friday through Thursday. The full title of the concert is ライブ史上初!東京ドーム 不滅の連続1週間(Raibu Shijyou Hajime! Tokyo Domu Fumetsu no Renzoku Isshuukan) which can be translated to, Historical First Live! Tokyo Dome 1 Undying Consecutive Week. Which is actually true in the fact that this will be the first time any musician will perform the same concert for a full week straight at the Tokyo Dome.

Johnny's net (Japanese only.)

Daily Sports article (Japanese only.)

This concert does go a ways in explaining what is up with the rush of KAT-TUN singles being released lately as with Rescue they now have the usual amount of singles released before they release an album, so I would not be surprised to see an announcement for a KAT-TUN album release for sometime around the concert dates eventually.

One of the first things that crossed my mind when I saw this was "I can actually attend this." It's a bit strange to think that for me as I'm so used to having to rely on waiting for concert DVDs to be released to watch Johnny's concerts. But I guess I should get used to the idea that I will finally be in the right country to be able to see Johnny's concerts for myself.

After some thought I'm really of a mind to go. I mean I will be in Japan for about a month and half when the first concert begins so I should be relatively adjusted by then. And the final concert is a day before my birthday so I can consider it an early birthday present to myself. I would like to enter the lottery for tickets via the fan club but I have the feeling that I won't get my membership processed fast enough for that so I'll have to go the auction route. Though hopefully by the time of the concerts I'll at least have my FC membership card, even though I hear that at venues like the Tokyo Dome they rarely stop to check ID, even of obvious foreigners like myself.

I'm getting rather excited about this. Especially since there's a really good chance Kis-My-Ft2 will be back dancers like usual for KAT-TUN. Though I do like KAT-TUN, not my favorite group but I like Nakamaru and their songs so I know I'll have no problem enjoying seeing one of their concerts throughly. I hope everything goes alright and I this will be the first, of hopefully many, concerts I'll be able to attend in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment