Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hyakushiki-Ou 17SEP2008 Yakitori

Alright, I think I'm going to make my New Year's goal to catch up with these Hyakushiki-Ou episode summaries. I really feel bad that I'm so far behind but I'm hoping to finish off the September episodes before my time zone hits 2009.

I confess, this episode made me hungry, as I love yakitori. Unfortunately I’m pretty much snowed in at home so there will be no excursions out for food for a couple of days probably. But enough about me. The episode follows the same usual Hyakushiki-Ou episode format, I really wish they would change it up just a bit every once in a while. As usual it doesn’t get interesting until the quiz segment ends and they get to the classroom/studio or on location segments of the program.

This episode has Fujigaya and Sanada going out to try out various kinds of yakitori around Tokyo. So of course there’s quite a bit of them eating and saying how delicious the food is. Though Fujigaya gets a turn at being in the kitchen and making some yakitori which Sanada then gets to eat after questioning Fujigaya about his cooking skills.


After the on location stuff is done it’s to the classroom where all the boys get to try make yakitori via a small assembly line machine. They start off a bit frantic but ok but the longer it continues the more they begin to fall behind. Thankfully for them they get cut-off rather quickly so they don’t fall too far behind the speed of the machine.



Shoon shares a haiku about yakitori, and it’s times like this I really wish I understood Japanese better than I do as from everyone’s reactions it was rather funny.


The boys get to see another machine for preparing yakitori in action in the classroom. This one of course actually cooks the yakitori, so they use the yakitori they put together earlier and put them in the machine to cook them. Then of course they get to eat them once they’re done cooking. And I just noticed that Takada has a double tooth, which looks rather cute. I think the boy is growing on me finally if I’m noticing cute points about him. (laugh)


The end shot is the boys working on the assembly line again.

No comments:

Post a Comment