Sunday, December 21, 2008

Uchi and HSJ concert reports thoughts

Well both the concerts for Uchi and Hey! Say! JUMP have begun over the weekend so the reports have begun coming in. I usually don't hunt down the reports for most groups as they're usually easy to find in the LJ comms by English speaking fans that attended the concerts. But HSJ doesn't seem to have many of those fans yet and the Junior cons tend to be the same way so for them I make the exception to hunt down any information in English or even Japanese (though I only understand little bits and pieces of those).

The Japanese news programs are already reporting on Uchi's concerts and they keep showing the clip of Uchi breaking down in tears, which makes me want to cry. I think if I was a bigger Uchi fan I would actually cry but I just haven't become that endeared to him yet. But from the con reports that have been translated I'm beginning to like him and some of the Kansai Juniors more, as I already love Kis-My-Ft2, who are a part of the Yokohama concerts and one of the reasons I was interested in these concerts.

The Hey! Say! Jump concerts sound like something I'm going to be very sad I missed out on. The boys themselves got to play instruments for their songs, which is something I hope the continue doing from now on. A bit of an interesting thing I noticed is that while Hey! Say! BEST had a portion of the concert fro their subgroup performances it doesn't seem Hey! Say! 7 did from the reports. I mean 3 of the 5 HS7 members got solo songs, Yamada, Nakajima and Chinen, but no sub-group songs were seen on the set lists I came across. I wonder if that means that HSB are closer to releasing sub-group singles than HS7 now that they will have 4 of their 5 members out of high school come March. Or maybe I'm just reading way too much into it. I'm still hoping that by the end of the tour at least we get an album announcement, especially since their were new songs performed at the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment