Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New temporary unit, THE SHIGOTONIN

I really didn't expect to catch up so quickly but it looks like the news is picking up finally.

For the upcoming drama, Hissatsu Shigotonin 2009, that Matsuoka from TOKIO and Ohkura from Kanjani8 have roles in, there will be a special unit, called THE SHIGOTONIN, created to sing the theme song. The unit will be a trio with Matsuoka, Ohkura and fellow co-star Higashiyama Noriyuki and they will be releasing a single for the song on February 4th. The song and single title is 鏡花水月(Kyokatsuigetsu).

I'll definitely be getting a copy of this single if just for my love for Matsuoka alone. I'm curious if there will be B-side tracks on the single, and I think it would be awesome if they were solos, but I don't think that'll happen. I hope cdjapan gets the pre-order information up soon.

Daily Sports article
(Japanese only)

EDIT: Johnny's net has updated with information about the release. It will come in two editions, an LE with two tracks and a DVD with the PV for the title track and the RE will be the two cd tracks with their karaoke versions. Also I did not realize that Higashiyama is a member of the daisenpai group, Shounentai, until I saw that the single is listed under the Shounentai and Special Release sections. This makes more sense to me that all three are Johnny's as I was wondering why Higashiyama was in the group as I didn't know who he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment