Thursday, July 24, 2008

Otokogumi - Rollin' in the Dark

For some reason, still unknown to me, the internet cut out yesterday which is why I didn't make a post. It really annoys me as I don't like missing a day. I do plan on doing a make-up post tomorrow, so there should be one in the morning and then the usual evening post.

For today though I found another rarity to share, an Otokogumi performance on Music Station from 1988. I think out of all the daisenpai groups I like Otokogumi the most. And not just because Okamoto Kenichi is Okamoto Keito's dad. Unlike the other groups I don't cringe at their dated sound and actually enjoy their music.

Like all the daisenpai groups it's near impossible to find any information about them in English so I really don't know too much about the members. In fact if Kenichi wasn't Keito's dad I really would know anything about him. Of course it makes me a bit curious if I'm not the only one who has gotten into Otokogumi because they were Hey! Say! JUMP fans.

Enough of my rambling now. Here's the clip of Otokogumi performing Rollin' in the Dark on Music Station, with random camera filter thrown in.


No comments:

Post a Comment