Monday, July 28, 2008

SUMMARY 2008 information update

Well the moving has begun but I'm going to have more free time for a while so this should hopefully be the last of the quick posts. And it looks like I should be able to get my desktop up and running shortly but I think I'll catch up on episode summaries this week as I realize I haven't done this month's Shounen Club and next Saturday will be the first August episode airing.

Unfortunately with all the moving I haven't had time to really prepare anything for this entry. And it probably doesn't help that I banged the back of my hand against something today and it has swollen a bit which makes using the computer more difficult than usual.

I did manage a trip over to Seattle today though. I'm glad I did as it looks like the Kinokuniya over there just got their shipment of JE magazines in. I picked up the August issues for Duet and Wink Up, which tend to be my favorites.

Something a bit interesting about the Wink Up is that the fold out poster is more of a SUMMARY promotion than the standard new single promotion. Hey! Say! JUMP is on one side with Nakayama Yuma, B.A.D., A.B.C. and Kis-My-Ft2 on the other side which advertises for SUMMARY alone. I knew of the Kansai Juniors B.A.D. was participating but I did not realize until then that Nakayama would be featured in it as well. In a way he kinda reminds of Ryo Nishikido, with the whole Kansai Junior that JE seems to be in love with vibe. I honestly think the only things that could keep Nakayama from debuting are either, him quitting for some reason or a scandal. And he really impressed me in this month's Shounen Club episodes so I don't mind that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment