Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Return of Tegoshi and His Half Bald Head.

Sometimes it's not so bad living on the West Coast of the United States. Sure we have to wait three hours after the East Coast to see programs that are 'filmed live', sports being the only exception to this. And we're one of the last timezones that the day ends on, thus one of the last to celebrate the New Year. But that can have it's upside too. Like the fact as the evening begins here it's already well into the morning in Japan for the next day. So to catch morning news in Japan I don't have to worry about staying up late as it may not even be dark yet outside where I am.

And what does that have to do with Johnny's? Not much really except for me being happy to be awake to get news about the Johnny's boys fresh off the press, like this.

Sanspo, one of the online Japanese news sites has just put up an article saying that Tegoshi Yuya will be starring in another Shabake series. The first 'series', which I use loosely as it really was only a SP as it was only a single episode. They're saying this will be a sequel series called Usouso and will air this winter as the first SP did rather well getting 14.4% ratings. For drama ratings that is a good rating as anything less than 10% is bad and above 20% is considered high.

You can view the original article in Japanese by following the hyperlink.

Until more information comes out to contradict me, I'm taking that this will actually be another SP, so another single episode, not an actual full length drama.

I know the hopeless Takaki fangirl in me wants him to be in this special as well as he was in the first one, but I have a feeling that won't happen. His character can be written out rather easily and I think after Gokusen 3 JE probably wants to keep him in bigger roles. But I'm curious if they'll cast another Johnny's in a part like they did Takaki. I know I'd be grateful to see more of Hey! Say! JUMP in drama roles of any kind as besides Takaki and Yamada the rest haven't done much drama-wise since debut. But in any case winter is still a ways away so I'll save speculation until more information is known about this.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hashimoto Ryosuke! You still look like you should be turning 17 at least, not 15, but I guess you're still closer to looking your age than when you were 14. ^__^;;

No comments:

Post a Comment