Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just a blip.

This week doesn't seem to be getting off to a great start. Like the past few days I've just been very tired and I'm going to skimp a bit with this entry. I'll make sure to have the next chapter of Chotto Taimu scanned and ready for upload tomorrow though.

In Junior news, Johnny's net is listing Hashimoto Ryosuke and Sanada Yuma to be appearing in the July issue of Popolo. When it comes to Juniors Ikuta Toma and Kis-My-Ft2 are the only ones to be in Popolo so this could be a big thing for Hashimoto and Sanada. I will say I'm disappointed that Nozawa Yuki isn't listed with them, but until the list for who's in the August issue I'll assume they using an old photo shoot before it was finally decided that Nozawa would be part of the Hashimoto-trio.

I just noticed watching the 18JUL2008 Music Station performance that the ones that get a good deal of camera time outside of the usual two, Yamada and Takaki, are the three that were in the Sensei wa Erai SP, Nakajima, Chinen and Arioka. Which reminded me of the fact that in the filming of the August Shounen Club it was the four from the Sensei wa Erai SP that were called in to help fill the void with the lack of Juniors. They even sing the ending theme of the SP Namida-kun Sayonara on it. I don't think there are any rumors about this yet, and I can't seem to find the ratings for the SP, but I'm wondering if the SP did well enough to be made into a full season drama. As that would explain why there seems to be a bit of attention on those four. Or it could be that they are also the other members of the original Hey! Say! 7 line-up so they want to continue to focus on them as they were the ones that were a part of JE's biggest selling Junior group. I guess only time will tell which it is.

EDIT:

It looks like SMAP wants to remind everyone that 'yes, they do still release music' and have a new single coming out on 13AUG2008. It's being used as the theme song to the TBS Beijing Olympic 2008 program. And unlike other JE releases it will only come in one version. cdjapan only has information about the title track but with the price it's being sold at there should be at least one B-side track for this single.

Kono Toki, Kitto Yume ja Nai / SMAP

No comments:

Post a Comment