Tuesday, July 22, 2008

HSJ's Your Seed + other tidbits.

I think right now my favorite Japanese holiday is Umi no Hi (Marine Day). It was celebrated this past Monday the 21st of July and is most likely the reason I got my copies of Hey! Say! JUMP's Your Seed single today, a full day before its street date. It's a rather new holiday too, as it was only stated as a National Japanese holiday in 1997. In a way I think it's rather appropriate for HSJ to release something the same week as a holiday created in the Heisei era. For reason's stated in this earlier entry I have left the RE edition unopened, but as I opened the LE I have a couple of scans to share from that. I do hope someone else scans the RE booklet as it seems to have more photos of the boys, unlike the LE where they're only on the cover.



One thing I noticed is that when you look at the two covers you can almost tell a story about them. It's easy to see that it's the same place they're in for both covers with some changes here and there. The thing that really ties them together is the tree, as it's a sapling being watered by Yamada in the LE has grown into a tree on the RE that Yamada sits on a swing tied to one of it's branches.

Also in drama news, Ryo from News/Kanjani8 and Ninomiya from Arashi will be in a drama together in the Fall season. The name of the drama is Ryuusei no Kizuna. The synopsis given is that three siblings, Ryo and Nino play the two brothers and Toda Erika plays the sister, have their parents murdered. They swear on a meteor to get revenge which the brothers finally after fourteen years find the murderer but it looks like their sister will get in the way. The official Japanese news article can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment