Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Vacation Junior Concert Everyone Gathered photo sets

Ok, I'm back from the concert. I ended up spending the whole day away in the city so I'm really tired and won't type up the report until tomorrow. But since my seats weren't so great I made it a point to take notes so it should be rather complete.

A few things though that I feel should be mentioned is that it does indeed look like Nakayama Yuma w/B.I.Shadow is just a Junior group. In the introductory video of the concert they reviewed all the debuts from Arashi onwards and they ended with Hey! Say! JUMP. Then they did a debut medley later in the concert and ended with Ultra Music Power. Also even though Nakayama Yuma w/B.I.Shadow were at the concert they had rather equal stage time with the other Junior groups.

Also Nakajima Kento was not at the concert. Nor did he have a photo set, but I'm assuming it's because he wasn't at any of the recent Hey! Say! Jump concerts, where it looks like the photos for B.I. Shadow and Mis Snow Man came from. Though Nakayama Yuma had a photo set, though not at first when things went on sale, I only saw his set when I went back to buy another one before the final show of the day. I'm not sure why he's always absent as Yuma and Morimoto Shintarou definitely have a busier schedule which makes me wonder if there's something keeping him from being too active with Johnny's yet. Like maybe his parents wanting him to make sure he doesn't neglect his studies as he gets busy with work or something. But I don't think it's anything to get worried about as he hasn't completely disappeared yet or anything.

Also Hip Hop Jump does seem to be alive after all. I was wondering as they hadn't done anything on Shounen Club or even been showing up together as a group in the magazines for a bit. But both Tanaka Juri and Hagiya Keigo were introduced at the start of the concert as Hip Hop Jump members. And HHJ even got their own song segment in the show. Though it looks like it has definitely become a four member group with Luis Jesse and Morita Myuto still being the other two members.

The guest for the final concert was Tegoshi Yuya. He came to talk about Dream Boys of course. But he stayed on to sing a song, Ai Nante. And I think everyone needs to hear his sing this song live as it sounded fantastic. Really I don't think there are words to describe how powerful and wonderful his performance. Afterwards I wanted him to stick around for the rest of the concert, but alas he had to go.

Overall this concert beats the previous Junior concert. Mainly because this one actually felt like a concert to me, not an episode of Shounen Club minus the games and all the MCing. I think that first one was probably just so Johnny's could announce NYC boys at a concert and this one was because the large amount of interest with the first concert showed Johnny's that people do want to see these newer groups in concert. Hopefully we'll be seeing more general Johnny's concerts in the future.

And now onto the concert goods I picked up. I had to limit myself to only five sets max so I ended up getting Kikuchi Fuma, Matsumura Hokuto, Sanada Yuma, Nozawa Yuki and Hashimoto Ryosuke. And I'm so happy about being able to get Sanada and Nozawa after not being able to at the previous concert.


Kikuchi Fuma


Matsumura Hokuto


Sanada Yuma


Nozawa Yuki


Hashimoto Ryosuke

These photo sets are easily much better quality than the ones for the previous Junior concert. Another reason I think the first one wasn't really planned to be much of a Junior con and more to promote YuBIS and NYC boys. Though it looks like Hasshi's skin wanted to remind everyone he is indeed a teenager for his photos. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment