Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Upcoming drama news for Fall 2009

Catching up on some of the Johnny's related news. There have been two dramas announced for the Fall 2009 season that will be starring Johnny's talent.

The first is My Girl, which is based off a manga series of the same name, that will star Arashi's Aiba Masaki. This is Aiba's first time in a starring role for a drama and the first drama he's been in since 2003. It will broadcast on TV Asahi beginning some time in October.

Tokyograph article. (English)

Next up Kanjani8's Okura Tadayoshi will get to star in a drama for the first time as well. His drama is called ROMES: Kuukou Bougyo System and will air on NHK beginning on October 15th. Okura will be joined by fellow Kanjani8 member, Yasuda Shota, as part of the cast.

Tokyograph article. (English)

Even though there is no news about the theme songs for these dramas I'm personally going to bet that they will end up being done by the groups the members in the dramas are a part of. Though I do think there is a chance of me being wrong with Aiba's drama, as I'm not sure if Johnny's wants to release another Arashi single so close to the single collection release, but with how they've been releasing Arashi singles recently I wouldn't be surprised if they did so anyway. But I'm most certain of Kanjani8 doing the theme song for ROMES. I mean they have two members in the drama and it's been a while since the last Kanjani8 release so it would be a fitting time to release something new. Either way it'll probably be a bit of a wait to get close to when such things are announced, so it's just speculation on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment