Monday, April 27, 2009

Johnny's in HD

Well finally I was able to catch a program with Johnny's in it on the TV at the guesthouse I am staying at. In fact I ended up watching two shows, Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ with NEWS as one of the guests and then after that the Konkatsu! drama that stars SMAP's Nakai and KAT-TUN's Ueda plays the younger brother of Nakai's character.

I loved the Heyx3 segment with NEWS. The program was doing a special so they were one of two musical guests to promote new releases. So they got their interview segment to themselves. The hosts of course teased Ryo for being back so soon, as Kanjani8 was on recently to promote their new album, Puzzle. Then the Tegoshi teasing began and lead to Tegoshi singing accupella on the spot, and of course he sounded great. Shige ended up talking quite a bit. He got to talk about going fishing with Ohno, and it seems like it was the same fishing trip Ohno was talking about on Utaban last night, as they both mentioned it was over 24 hours. Then they had a clip of Ryo bungie jumping in Hawaii. And then after that they had Yamapi and Koyama explain their credit for the words & call in Koi no ABO. Masuda was really the only one that didn't have anything to say.

They wore the suits from the club scenes from the Koi no ABO PV for this taping. But they had the funky glasses and still looked like they were really just enjoying themselves. Not to mention really getting into their pelvic thrusts. I so want to see this song live as it looks like it was made for live performances.

I wasn't sure that I wanted to stay up to watch the second episode of Konkatsu!, but I'm glad I did. I don't know enough Japanese to understand everything but the story in itself was easy enough for me to follow. And I found the characters fun to watch. I really liked Ueda's character even though his role was rather small. It also helps that this is one of those dramas that isn't very serious outside of the 'lesson of the day' kind of formula it looks like it will have. I plan to try my best to watch this every Monday night, so I don't have to download something I can actually view on TV.

And I got to see Butoukan's CM where they are dancing and singing wearing cockroache atenna. It made me so happy to see Senga, being the Kis-My-Ft2 fan that I am. And then it was followed with a commercial for KAT-TUN's new album, which got me excited about buying the album when it comes out this week.

Seriously, I feel like I've seen a piece of Johnny's heaven and I think I'm going to make it a habit to watch more TV to catch more glimpses of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment