Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ryusei no Kizuna final impressions

I actually finished watching this series earlier this month but only just now got around to getting a few screen caps for this final review. It was kinda hard as I didn't want to spoil anything so I decided not to take many.


But I have to say I'm glad I decided to give this drama a chance. It's definitely one I would not object to watching again at all, even though I know the ending now. Even though the first episode seemed to come off as oddly paced things smoothed out and all the flashbacks began to feel more natural as they moved in and out of the story narrative.

Overall to me it did a good job balancing the more light hearted aspects with the darker ones of the story and I really would not have imagined things to have ended up the way they did in the end. I mean some things seemed very clear that they would happen but others I didn't expect even though they made perfect sense.


And of course I love the cast. Ninomiya, Ryo and Erika all did great as leads, IMHO. I enjoyed watching them interact and see their characters change as the series went on. Even if they don't look like siblings at all I think they had good chemistry together. The rest of the cast came off as solid as well.


Overall I think Ryusei no Kizuna deserves a lot of the acclaim it has gotten. It's probably not a masterpiece but it is rather solid story telling and does what it's suppose, intrigue and entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment